Please refer to Coal and Petroleum Class 8 Science Important Questions with solutions provided below. These questions and answers have been provided for Class 8 Science based on the latest syllabus and examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. Students should learn these problem solutions as it will help them to gain more marks in examinations. We have provided Important Questions for Class 8 Science for all chapters in your book. These Board exam questions have been designed by expert teachers of Standard 8.
Class 8 Science Important Questions Coal and Petroleum
Question. What are the renewable and non-renewable natural sources?
Answer : (i) Renewable Natural Resources: These resources are present in unlimited quantity in nature and are not likely to be exhausted by human activities. Examples are: sunlight, air, water etc.
(ii) Non-renewable Natural Resources: The amount of these resources in nature is limited. They can be exhausted by human activities. Examples are: forests, coal, petroleum, natural gas etc.
Question. Write the full name of CNG and write its benefits as a fuel?
Answer : Compressed Natural Gas
Benefits as fuel:
1) CNG is a cleaner fuel. So, it is used for power generation.
2) It is being used as a fuel for transport vehicles.
3) it can be used directly for burning in homes and factories where it can be supplied through pipes.
Question. How is coal formed?
Answer : Millions of years ago, dense forests got buried under the soil due to natural processes and they got compressed. This led them to get exposed to very high temperature and pressure. They slowly got converted into coal under these extreme conditions.
Question. Why are CNG and LPG considered good fuels?
- CNG and LPG burn easily.
- CNG and LPG give a lot of heat energy when burnt.
- CNG and LPG can be transported easily through pipelines.
- CNG and LPG are clean fuels and they do not release smoke when burnt.