Please refer to Networking Class 9 Computer Science Important Questions with solutions provided below. These questions and answers have been provided for Class 9 Computer Science based on the latest syllabus and examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. Students should learn these problem solutions as it will help them to gain more marks in examinations. We have provided Important Questions for Class 9 Computer Science for all chapters in your book. These Board exam questions have been designed by expert teachers of Standard 9.
Class 9 Computer Science Important Questions Networking
Short Answer Type Questions
Question: Write a note on Hub.
Ans: A Hub is a hardware device. This device is used in computer networks. It is used in Star Topology to connect computers. The hub typically receives data at one port, then it duplicates this data and makes it available on all other ports. In this way, the hub provides data sharing facility between computers connected in a network.
Question: Write the Names of any four Network Topologies.
Ans: Name of Network Topologies is given below:
1. Bus Topology
2. Ring Topology
3. Star Topology
4. Mesh Topology
5. Tree Topology
6. Hybrid Topology
Question: What are the two types of Ring topologies?
Ans: In Ring topology, all computers are connected like a ring. Each node is connected with its two
neighboring nodes. This topology is of two types:
1. Single Ring: In this topology, computers are connected with each other using a single cable and flow of data is unidirectional.
2. Dual Ring: In this topology, computers are connected with each other using a dual ring cable and flow of data is bidirectional.
Question: What is Star Topology?
Ans: Star Topology provides an easy way to connect computers in a network. In this topology, computers are connected using a central device. This central device is called a hub / switch. In this topology, computers do not have any direct communication with each other. They can communicate with each other using the central device, Hub.
Question: Write a short note on Router.
Ans: A router is a hardware device. It is used in the field of network. This device receives data in a network, then inspect it and transmits the data to the same network or to some other concerned network.
Long Answer Type Questions:
Question: Write about the Types of Networks.
Ans: There are many types of networks. Depending on the size of the networks, they can be divided into the following four types:
1. PAN: PAN stands for Personal Area Network. This network exists around one person. Example: Connection between two mobiles etc. It has a radius of about 10 meters.
2. LAN: LAN stands for Local Area Network. Such networks are created in the offices or computer labs or at homes. It is usually designed to share network files or hardware devices. It is limited in size to a radius of 1 mile.
3. MAN: MAN stands for the Metropolitan Area Network. This network is spread over a large area like a city. For example: cable TV. Network. A MAN typically covers an area of between 5 to 50 kms.
4. WAN: WAN stands for Wide Area Network. This network can be spread over a large geographical area such as a country, continent or the whole world. Internet is the best example of a WAN network.
Question: What are the methods of data transmission?
Ans: Data transmission means the flow of data or information between the sender and the receiver. Data transfer between sender and receiver can be done in the following three ways:
• Simplex Mode: In this mode, the communication is unidirectional. Only one of the devices can send a signal and the other can only receive a signal. For example: Communication
between keyboard and computer.
• Half-Duplex Mode: In this mode, the flow of communication can be in both directions, but only one device is capable of communicating at a time. For example: In a walkie-talkie, sender speaks on one side and the receiver on the other side listens and then after a pause, another speaks and the first person listens.
• Full Duplex Mode: Even in full duplex mode, the flow of communication is in both directions, but communication is possible in both directions at the same time. This is the fastest mode of communication between devices. For example: Communication between two people using mobile phones.
Question: What is Network? Explain its advantages and disadvantages.
Ans: A network is an interconnection of two or more computers. These computers are connected with each other using some communication channels so that files can be exchanged, resources can be shared and communication can take place.
Advantages of Networks:
1. Data and information can be shared easily with the help of networks.
2. Hardware and software can be shared using networks.
3. Very fast communication is possible using networks.
4. Files can be used and shared faster in the network.
5. Backup of any computer in a network can be taken easily.
Disadvantages of Networks:
1. If a network fails, all the central services break-down.
2. It is difficult to manage network.
3. It is very costly to make a network.
Question: Write information about the parts of computer network.
Ans: A computer network has many components. Each component is necessary for the smooth functioning of the network. The main components of a computer network are described as follows:
• Computers: The main function of a network is to connect computers. There are two types of computers used in a network: Client Computers and Server Computers.
• Network Interface Card (NIC): This is a computer circuit board / card. It is used to connect a computer to a network.
• Hub / Switch: A hub is a hardware device which is used to build a network. It is used in Star Topology to interconnect computers in a network.
• Router: A router is a hardware device. It is used in the field of network. This device receives data in a network, then inspect it and transmits the data to the same network or to some other concerned network.