Please refer to E-Governance Class 9 Computer Science Important Questions with solutions provided below. These questions and answers have been provided for Class 9 Computer Science based on the latest syllabus and examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. Students should learn these problem solutions as it will help them to gain more marks in examinations. We have provided Important Questions for Class 9 Computer Science for all chapters in your book. These Board exam questions have been designed by expert teachers of Standard 9.
Class 9 Computer Science Important Questions E-Governance
Short Answer Type Questions
Question: What is E-Governance?
Ans: When government provides various services through online mode to its citizens at their doorstep, it is known as E- Governance. In other words, E-Governance means online availability of government services. In today’s world the development of any country depends on the use of E Governance.
Question: What are the two main objectives of E-Governance?
Ans: The two main objectives of E-Governance are:
1. To satisfy the public’s needs and expectations through online services.
2. To facilitate a speedy, transparent, and effective process for performing administration activities and services.
Question: Write the area of E-Governance in urban?
Ans: Following are the functions performed by E-Governance in urban areas:
1. It provides various services in the field of transportation
2. It provides the online payment system for paying bills and taxes
3. It provides Information and public relation key services in urban areas
4. It provides various services related with the Municipal services
5. It provides various services related to Roads and traffic management
Question: Write the area of E-governance in rural?
Ans: Following are the functions performed by E-Governance in rural areas:
1. It provides various types of information related to agriculture
2. It provides local information to local residents of rural areas
3. It provides information related to Disaster management
4. It provides information related to Land Record management
5. It provides information related to working of Panchayats.
Long Answer Type Questions:
Question: Write the main characteristics of Good Governance.
Ans: Following are the main characteristics of Good Governance:
• Good governance is answerable to the community, for the consequences of decisions it has made.
• Good governance is transparent which means that people are able to clearly see how and why a decision was made.
• Good governance follows the rule of law.
• Good governance is responsive which means that government always tries to serve the needs of the entire community timely and appropriately.
• Good governance is effective and efficient in implementing decisions
• Good governance provides participation of all.
Question: Explain the four pillars of E-Governance
Ans: Following are the four main pillars of E-Governance:
• Connectivity: Connectivity is required to connect the people to the services of the government.
• Knowledge: The knowledge is referred to as IT knowledge. Government employs skilled engineers who make it possible to work e-governance in an efficient way.
• Data: To share information over the internet, government forms its database which is useful in various e-governance services.
• Capital: Capital is referred to money used by government to provide their services.
Question: Explain the four models of e-governance
Ans: These four models of e-governance are explained below:
• Government to citizens (G2C): This model refers to those government services which are shared by citizens. For example: Payment of online bills such as electricity, water, telephone bills etc.
• Government to government (G2G): This model refers to those services which are shared between the state governments. For example: Sharing of information between police department of various states
• Government to Employees (G2E): This model increases the transparency between government and its employee. For example: Employees can put-up their complaints and dissatisfaction by this model.
• Government to Businessman (G2B): It is used by businessmen to communicate with the government. For example: Collection of taxes etc.
Question: Write about E-Governance in Health and Education
Ans: Following is the important services of E-Governance in the field of health and education:
E-Governance services in the field of Health:
1. Availability of medicines
2. Special health camps
3. Facilities at Anganwadi centers
E-Governance services in the field of education:
1. Providing computer education to children
2. Result of Classes
3. Information for “Distribution of books” scheme
Question: Describe the history and development of E governance.
Ans: In India E-Governance originated during the 1970s. At that time government adopted its applications in the areas of defense, economic monitoring and planning. After that, with the efforts of the National Informatics Center (NIC) all the district headquarters were connected with each other during the 1980s. From the early 1990, E-Governance has used IT for wider sectoral applications with emphasis on reaching out to rural areas