Please refer to Microsoft Word (Part-1) Class 7 Computer Science Important Questions with solutions provided below. These questions and answers have been provided for Class 7 Computer Science based on the latest syllabus and examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. Students should learn these problem solutions as it will help them to gain more marks in examinations. We have provided Important Questions for Class 7 Computer Science for all chapters in your book. These Board exam questions have been designed by expert teachers of Standard 7.
Class 7 Computer Science Important Questions Microsoft Word (Part-1)
Very Short Answer Type Questions:
Question: Write the name of top most bar of Word window?
Ans: Title Bar
Question: Write the shortcut to create a New document.
Ans: Ctrl + N
Question: Which view of MS Word displays the document in the same way as we get it after printing?
Ans: Print Layout
Question: Write the name of option that is present at the bottom-right corner of every group?
Ans: Dialog Box Launcher
Question: Which Layout view shows the Outline of a Document?
Ans: Outline View
Short Answer type Questions:
Question: Write the name of some Word Processing Software.
Ans: Following are some of the important word-processing software:
1. MS Word
2. Word Perfect
Question: Write the name of different Parts of MS Word Window.
Ans: Following are the main components of the MS Word window:
1. Title bar
2. Ribbons and tabs
3. Text area
4. Status bar
5. Scroll bar
Question: What is a Word Processor?
Ans: Word processors are application software. We can create a variety of documents and letters using these softwares. WordPad, MS Word etc. are the examples of some commonly used wordprocessor software.
Question: Define the Text Area.
Ans: Text area is an important component of MS Word. The large area that appears below the ruler is called the text area. We use this area to create our documents. The blinking line in it is called Cursor.
Question: How to start the MS Word?
Ans: MS Word can be started using the following steps:
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Type WORD in the search box.
3. Press the Enter key.
Long Answer type Questions:
Question: Explain Document Views in MS Word
Ans: Following are the different views for viewing documents in MS Word:
1. Print Layout View: This view will show the document exactly as it appears after it is printed.
2. Full Screen Layout View: This view displays the document in full screen so that the document can be read easily.
3. Web Layout View: This view will show the document exactly as it would appear in a web browser in the form of a web page.
4. Outline View: This view shows the outline of the document.
5. Draft View: Word document can be edited quickly with the help of this view.
Question: How to Create and Save a New Document in MS Word?
Ans: Following are the steps to create and save a new file in Word:
Steps for Creating New File:
1. Press the shortcut key Ctrl + N to create a new file.
Steps to Save the New File:
1. Press Ctrl + S shortcut key to save the file.
2. Save As… dialog box will open.
3. Type the name of the file in this dialog box.
4. Click on Save button.
Question: Explain the Special Features of MS Word
Ans: Following are some key features of MS Word:
1. We can enter text anywhere in Word document.
2. We can set the margin of pages as per our requirement in the Word document.
3. We can easily find any word/text in MS Word document.
4. We can change the font and style of text as required in the Word document.
5. We can easily set the header and footer of pages in the Word document.
6. We can check and correct spelling and grammar related errors in the Word document.