Please refer to Framing The Constitution Class 12 History Important Questions with solutions provided below. These questions and answers have been provided for Class 12 History based on the latest syllabus and examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. Students should learn these problem solutions as it will help them to gain more marks in examinations. We have provided Important Questions for Class 12 History for all chapters in your book. These Board exam questions have been designed by expert teachers of Standard 12.
Class 12 History Important Questions Framing The Constitution
Very Short Answer Questions :
Question. What is the importance of the preamble to the Indian constitution?
Ans. It states the nature of the Indian state which is sovereign, socialist, secular, democratic and republic.
Question. Write the significance of Indian constitution.
Ans. 1.Largest Democracy.
2. Secular nation.
3. Fundamental rights to all citizens.
Question. Why did Mahatma Gandhi think Hindustani should be the national language?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi felt that Hindusthani was a language that the common people could easily understand.
Question. Why was constituent assembly constituted?
Ans. 1.Constiuent assembly was formed to draft the Indian constitution. It had 300 members.
Question. When was the Indian constitution framed ?
Ans. The Indian constitution was framed in between December 1946 to November 1949.
Short Answer Questions :
Question. Give some arguments in favor of a strong center.
Ans. 1.For peace, low and order.
2. Strong position of country in the international sphere.
3. To stop communal powers and terrorism.
4. National Security.
Question. Examine the recommendations of the constituent Assembly of India regarding the protection to be given to the depressed castes.
Ans. During the freedom struggle Dr. Ambedkar demanded separate constituencies for the depressed classes. Mahatma Gandhi opposed it by saying that it will segregate them from the
mainstream of the society. The issue was much debated in the constituent Assembly.
At last the constituent Assembly suggested the following.
A] Untouchability will be eradicated,
B] The Hindu temples will be opened to people belonging to all castes.
C] Seats will be reserved for backward classes in the Assemblies and Educational Institutions.
Question. What is the significance or importance of the preamble to the Indian constitution?
Ans. The preamble of the Indian constitution is significant in the following ways:-
1. It indicates the sources from which the constitution springs i.e. ‘we the people of India.’
2. It states the nature of the Indian state which is sovereign, socialist, secular, democratic and republic.
3. It states the basic objectives which the Government must strive for.
4. The preamble is also helpful in the interpretation of the constitution.
Long Answer Questions :
Question. What were the ideals expressed in the Objectives Resolutions?
Ans. The objectives resolution was presented in the constituent assembly on 13th Dec 1946 by Jawaharlal Nehru. It outlined and defined the ideals and objectives of the constitution which are as follows:
(1) India was declared as independent sovereign republic.
(2) It assured Justice, equality, liberty and fraternity to all its citizens.
(3) It provided adequate safeguards to minorities. It also referred to the well–being of the backward and depressed classes.
(4) India would combine the liberal ideas of democracy with the socialist idea of economic justice.
(5) India would adopt that form of government which would be acceptable to its people. No imposition from the British would be accepted by the Indian people.
(6) India would be a federation.
(7) India would work for world peace and human welfare.