Please refer to Current Trends in Information Technology Class 12 Computer Science Important Questions with solutions provided below. These questions and answers have been provided for Class 12 Computer science based on the latest syllabus and examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. Students should learn these problem solutions as it will help them to gain more marks in examinations. We have provided Important Questions for Class 12 Computer Science for all chapters in your book. These Board exam questions have been designed by expert teachers of Standard 12.
Class 12 Computer Science Important Questions Current Trends in Information Technology
Short Answer Type Questions.
Question. Define Multimedia Technology.
Ans: It includes all the techniques that help us to create or display multimedia content. Images, audio, video, text and animation are important elements of any multimedia content. Special types of multimedia management software are used to create multimedia content.
Question. What is Information Technology?
Ans: Information technology is a technology in which computers or other devices are used to create, process, store and exchange electronic data. Information technology is such a field of any organization or business that does all the operations related to computers and technology.
Question. Define Bluetooth Technology.
Ans: Bluetooth is a type of radio communication technology that allows all types of media files to be sent or received wirelessly. It enables shortdistance wireless networking between phones, computers and other devices. The process used to connect two Bluetooth devices is called “pairing”.
Question. Give name of any four current trends in Information Technology.
Ans: Following are the names of current major trends in information technology:
• WiFi technology
• Bluetooth technology
• GPS technology
• Android technology
• Internet of Things (IoT)
Question. Define 5G technology.
Ans: 5G technology means 5th generation technology. 5G is the next generation of wireless technology. This technology is much better than 2G, 3G and 4G technologies. The 5G technology based mobile networks will connect people as well as connect and control machines and devices. In 5G technology, the speed of internet can be 100 times faster than 4G technology. Its internet speed will be more than 20 Gbps so that large amount of data can be easily downloaded and uploaded within a very short time span.
Question. Define GPS Technology.
Ans: The full name of GPS is Global Positioning System. GPS is available in every smartphone today.
GPS is used to find the geographical location of any place. It is a global navigation satellite system. We can use it to find the distance or route between two places. When we send our live location to someone on WhatsApp, we are using GPS.
Long Answer Type Questions.
Question. Describe Virtual Reality with its advantages.
Ans: Virtual reality means letting us experience things through computers that don’t really exist. It is a computer technology used to create an imaginary world. When we watch a 3D movie, we feel as if everything is actually happening in front of us. It’s all our imagination and it doesn’t really happen. Some benefits of virtual reality:
• Virtual reality has made viewing technology more fun.
• Doctors take advantage of virtual reality to diagnose new medical symptoms.
• It creates an imaginary world that matches the reality.
• Virtual reality makes learning easier.
• The use of virtual reality provides a better user experience.
Question. Describe Internet of Things (IoT) with its advantages
Ans: The Internet of Things or (IoT) is a new technology that focuses on making human life more comfortable. The Internet of Things (IoT) is a cyber physical system that uses sensors to collect data from the physical world. It is a network of interconnected digital devices and objects. The Internet of Things (IoT) aims to connect everyday devices, such as ACs, refrigerators, TVs etc. to the Internet. Some of the benefits of the Internet of Things (IoT):
• IoT devices work automatically so it makes human work easier.
• All devices are more secure as they are automatic and technical.
• They definitely save a lot of human time due to high mechanical processing.
• We and our home appliances – cameras etc. stay connected to each other through this technology.
• Our home appliances can
Question. What is Information Technology? Describe the various applications of Information Technology?
Ans: Information technology is used in every field of human life. Here is a description of some of the application areas of information technology:
• Business: Information technology is used in business to run it smoothly.
• Classroom education: This application area uses computers, smart boards etc. as a medium of instruction for teaching purposes.
• Online education: In online education, students can get education from anywhere by using internet.
• Health: Information technology has greatly improved the field of health. Information technology is used to manage lab test results, patient records, etc.
• Media: Information technology has changed the face of media. TV, radio, online websites etc. are being used to reach people.
• Transportation: In the field of transportation, information technology is used for various purposes, such as: booking railways and airplane tickets from home, availability of seats, travel time, etc.
• Telecommunications: Information technology has opened the door to new telecommunication services, such as: exchanging information via email, video conferencing etc,
• Entertainment: The computer has become an important tool for watching movies, listening music and playing games etc.
Question. Describe Android Technology with its advantages.
Ans: Android is an operating system. It is used for mobile devices. It was developed by the Open Handset Alliance and later supported by Google. It was later used for touch screen devices, cellphones and tablets. Benefits of Android:
• It is compatible with different platforms, such as Windows, Linux operating system, etc.
• It supports different media, such as: MP3, MP4 etc.
• It supports various technologies, such as: Camera, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi etc.
• It supports multi-tasking.
• It can be used easily.
Question. Write short Notes on: Nano Technology and Wi-Fi.
Ans: Nanotechnology and WI-FI technologies are described as follows:
• Nanotechnology: Nanotechnology is the engineering in which electronic components are manufactured to the size of nanometers. These electronic components are very small in size and structure. Nanotechnology is used in every field, such as computer science, physics and engineering. The processor in the smartphone is also possible due to the nanotechnology which is small in size but works like a big computer.
• WI-FI: Its full name is Wireless Fidelity. It is a popular wireless networking technology. This technology uses radio waves for wireless high-speed internet and network connections. With WIFI we can exchange wireless information between two or more devices connected to the same network.