Please refer to Usage of Internet Class 11 Computer Science Important Questions with solutions provided below. These questions and answers have been provided for Class 11 Computer science based on the latest syllabus and examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. Students should learn these problem solutions as it will help them to gain more marks in examinations. We have provided Important Questions for Class 11 Computer Science for all chapters in your book. These Board exam questions have been designed by expert teachers of Standard 11.
Class 11 Computer Science Important Questions Usage of Internet
Very Short Answer Type Questions
Question: What is the full form of HTTPS?
Ans: Hyper Text Transfer Protocol over Secure socket layer
Question: What is the method of saving a web page’s address called?
Ans: Bookmark or Favorites
Question: A company that provides Internet connections and services to individuals and organizations is known as__________?
Ans: Internet Service Provider (ISP)
Question: Name any one free, open content online encyclopaedia.
Question: Which tool is used to search only for job?
Ans: Job Search Engines
Short Answer Type Questions.
Question: Define World Wide Web?
Ans: The World Wide Web (WWW) is also known as the Web or W3. It is a huge collection of different types of information. It includes all public web sites that are connected to the Internet worldwide. Each website/ page is assigned a unique name/address, called a URL (Uniform Resource Locator). Information stored on the www can be viewed with the help of web browsers (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.). World Wide Web uses HTTP protocols to transfer the contents of webpages.
Question: Define Web browser?
Ans: Web Browser is an application software. We can easily access the websites over the internet with the help of web browsers. It helps user to find web pages, to access them and to display them on screen. For using websites, users have to provide the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of sites in the address bar of the browser. Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, Opera etc. are the examples of commonly used web browsers.
Question: What is Bookmark?
Ans: Bookmarks are also known as Favorites. Web addresses can be saved with the help of bookmarks so that whenever we have to open that web address again we can quickly re-open it without having to type it again. All web browsers offer the option to save the web address. Internet Explorer is the only web browser that uses the word Favorites to save a web address. In Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc. this option is called Bookmark. To set a bookmark, click on Star in the web browser’s address bar.
Question: Name any five Internet Security Threats.
Ans: Following are the common internet security threats:
Question: Explain Google Search Engine.
Ans: Google search engine is the best search engine in the world. It is one of the most popular products of Google. Google has become one of the most popular and trusted search engines in terms of quality of search results. Google is using a sophisticated algorithm to deliver the best results to its users. Google is founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin .
Question: What is the use of quotation marks in online search?
Ans: During online search, when we enclose the search term in quotation marks, the search engine will find only that particular term or phrase on the web and will not show the similar terms in the search result. For example: if we begin our online search by typing the term movie director, the search engine may show a lot of results similar to ‘movie’, ‘director’, ‘movie director’ or ‘film director’ etc. But if we begin our search by enclosing the search term in quotation marks (i.e. “movie director”), search engine will show results only related to that particular term ‘movie director’.
Long Answer Type Questions.
Question: What is social networking? Explain any two social networking sites.
Ans: Social networking means staying connected with friends, family members, colleagues or customers using Internet-based social media sites. Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram are some of the important social media sites:
• Facebook: Facebook is the largest social media site. Many people use it for social or commercial purposes. We can share our content on Facebook in various formats such as text, images, videos, live videos, and stories. To use Facebook, we need to create an account on it.
• YouTube: YouTube is a video sharing platform. We can create our own YouTube channel where we can create and upload videos. People who watch videos are able to like, share and comment on our videos.
Question: Explain any four online search techniques.
Ans: When we search information using search engines, we can make our search more effective by using certain search techniques. Here are some key search techniques:
• Using specific keywords: Keywords are the search terms that we use to find the contents on the Internet. Keep keywords as specific as possible.
• Using Quotation Marks: When we enclose the search term in quotation marks, the search engine will search only for that particular word or phrase on the web. It will not show results with similar words.
• Search for a specific site: When we want to limit our search to a specific site, we can search using ‘site:’. For example: site: www.pseb.ac “result” will show all the pages from www.pseb.ac.in in which the word “result” is written.
• Related site search: Another useful operator is ‘related:’. Type it in front of a web address that we already know about. For example: related: abc.com. It will show all the websites that are similar to abc.com
Question: What are the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping?
Ans: Following are the advantages and disadvantages of online shopping:
Question: What is the Facility of FASTag in travelling? What are its benefits?
Ans: FASTag is a tag that automatically deducts toll charges at toll plazas. Using it, we can pass through the toll plaza without stopping for the cash transaction. FASTag is linked to a prepaid account from which the amount of toll charge is deducted automatically. FASTag uses RFID (Radio-Frequency Identification) technology. FASTag is the perfect solution for easy travel on national highways.
Benefits of using FASTag:
• Ease of Payment: Toll charges are automatically deducted from FASTag’s prepaid. There is no need to carry cash for toll expenses during the journey.
• Time saving: There is no need to stop for cash transactions at the toll plaza, this saves time.
• Online Recharge: FASTag can be recharged online through Credit Card/Debit Card/NEFT/RTGS or Net Banking.
• Message Alerts: SMS Alerts related to transactions are received at toll plazas.
• Validity: The validity of FASTag is five years.
Question: How can we identify secure sites? Explain padlock symbol also.
Ans: Not every website is reliable and secure. An unsafe website can spread malware, steal our information, send spam and much more. There are generally two ways to ensure that we are on a secure website:
• The first sign of a secure website is that the site’s address begins with https://. HTTPS stands for Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Over Secure Socket Layer (SSL). The site’s SSL certificate protects the information that we are sending to the site.
• Another sign of a secure website is the Closed Padlock sign that appears on it. Internet data travels from a beginning point to its destination via multiple routes. At each point in the journey, it is possible that someone steal and read the data. A closed padlock indicates that the connection between the web browser and the website has been encrypted to prevent spying. When we click on the closed padlock it will show us a message that says: “Connection is Secure”