Please refer to Through The Eyes Of Travellers Class 12 History Important Questions with solutions provided below. These questions and answers have been provided for Class 12 History based on the latest syllabus and examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. Students should learn these problem solutions as it will help them to gain more marks in examinations. We have provided Important Questions for Class 12 History for all chapters in your book. These Board exam questions have been designed by expert teachers of Standard 12.
Class 12 History Important Questions Through The Eyes Of Travellers
Very Short Answer Questions :
Question. Name of the book which is written by Al-Biruni .
Answer: Kitab-ul-Hind” also known as “Tahkik-a-Hind”
Question. Who was the doctor of Prince Dara Shikoh?
Question. Which French traveller travelled to India at least six times?
Question. What was the Al-Biruni’s objective to come to India?
Answer: help those who want to discuss religious questions with them.
Question. Name two Portuguese writers who came to India.
Answer: Jesuit Roberto Nobili – in 16th Cen.
– Duarte Barbosa
Question. What was the profession/ occupation of Travernier?
Short Answer Questions :
Question. Write a note on Kitab-Ul-Hind.
Answer: It’s written by AL-Biruni in Arabic.
– It’s simple, lucid and easy to understand.
– It has 80 chapters.
– Varied topics e.g. religion, philosophy to customs, social life, metrology.
– Most of chapters beginning with a Questions followed by a description and concluded with a comparison with other culture.
Question. What does AL-Beruni write about the administration of justice in India?
Answer: Administration of Justice in India was as follows
– Crude and primitive in many ways – but also liberal and humane.
– Written complaints, cases were decided on the testimony of witnesses.
– Criminal Law was mild.
– Brahmanas were exempted from taxation and capital punishment.
Question. Analyze the evidence for slavery provided by Ibn Battuta.
Answer: Evidence for Slavery –
– Slaves were openly sold in Market.
– Different types of slaves.
– Female slaves in the service of Sultan.
– Slaves were used for different kind of domestic work.
– Female slaves were appointed to keep an eye on the nobles of the Sultan.
– It was tradition to present slaves as a gift.
Question. What were the main objectives of Bernier’s writing behind the “Travels in the Mughal Empire?”
Answer: The main objectives of Bernier – To compare India with the European Conditions.
– Europeans may take correct decision regarding India.
– To highlight the Europeans Supremacy.