Please refer to Digitialization Class 12 Computer Science Important Questions with solutions provided below. These questions and answers have been provided for Class 12 Computer science based on the latest syllabus and examination guidelines issued by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. Students should learn these problem solutions as it will help them to gain more marks in examinations. We have provided Important Questions for Class 12 Computer Science for all chapters in your book. These Board exam questions have been designed by expert teachers of Standard 12.
Class 12 Computer Science Important Questions Digitialization
Short Answer Type Questions.
Question: Describe Net Banking.
Ans: Net-banking is also called internet-banking. Using Net Banking, we can easily perform a variety of banking activites from home at any time, such as:
• View our bank account statement
• Make a variety of online payments
• Pay bills
• Transfer money to other accounts, etc.
Question: What is digital or online payment?
Ans: Online payments are also called Digital Payments or E-Payments or Electronic Payments. This is an easy and fast way to make cashless payments. Both the payer and the receiver use digital media. Money transfer, purchase of goods, payment of bills, etc. can be done easily through digital payment. Credit-card, debit-card, e-wallet, net-banking, Bhim app etc. can be used for online payment.
Question: What is digitalization?
Ans: Digitalization means the process of converting information into digital medium. Converting information to a digital medium means converting information into a computer readable and manageable form. In digital media, information is stored in bits. Nowadays pictures, documents, audio, video, etc. can be converted to digital medium with the help of various devices. Examples of digitalization are land records, Aadhaar cards, e-books etc.
Question: Name types of E-Comemerce.
Ans: Following are the names of types of e-commerce:
1. Business to Business (B2B)
2. Business to Consumer (B2C)
3. Consumer to Consumer (Consumer to Consumer – C2C)
4. Consumer to Business (C2B)
Question: Describe Digi Locker.
Ans: DIGILOCKER is a secure way to store all our important documents online. We need to register online to store documents on Digilocker. Our account is linked to Aadhaar card during registration. This account provides 1GB of cloud storage to the person concerned. In Digilocker, we can store other documents besides educational documents like Aadhaar card, driving license etc.
Question: What do you mean by E-Commerce.
Ans: E-commerce is also called electronic-commerce or internet-commerce. E-commerce means buying or selling goods through the internet, using services, transacting money, etc. With the help of e-commerce, business and commerce have flourished. Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, OLX, Quikr, etc. are prime examples of e-commerce websites.
Question: Write down the benefits of online payment.
Ans: The main benefits of online payment are as follows:
1. Online payment is a very easy and convenient way to transact money.
2. With this facility, there is no need to keep more cash in our pocket.
3. Due to online payment, we can easily make money transactions anytime and anywhere.
4. There are various concessions offered by the government on digital payments to promote digital payments. This returns a small percentage of what we have paid back to our account.
Question: What is e-learning?
Ans: E-learning is also called Electronic-Learning or Online Learning or Online Education. Elearning means getting online education. It is an easy and comfortable way to get an education. Using this learning method, we can study online courses from home. The exam is also given online. After passing the examination, the certificate can also be downloaded from the website of the concerned institution. Course related materials like e-books, video or audio lectures etc. are also provided online by the concerned institute. MOOCs, SWAYAM, SWAYAM-PRABHA, PSEB E-BOOKS etc. are some of the important popular e-learning tools.
Long Answer Type Questions.
Question: Describe popular E-Learning tools.
Ans: Here are some important popular e-learning tools:
1. MOOCs: MOOCs stands for Massive Open Online Courses. This technology is gaining popularity among people and students in India. It allows students to study at any time at their
convenience. In this learning tool, students can choose the courses available according to their interest and study through the learning materials provided. These courses are available at www.mooc.org, www.edx.org.
2. SWAYAM: SWAYAM stands for Study Webs of Active-Learning for Young Aspiring Minds. This online learning system is being run by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. It
offers courses from 9th upto Post-Graduation. It also provides learning aids online for free. It can be accessed from the Google Play Store via the SWAYAM app or through the website
3. SWAYAM PRABHA: This is a set of 32 DTH channels, which telecast high-quality education programs 24×7 daily. Contents from these channels is provided by NPTEL, IITs, UGC, IGNOU, NCERT and NIOS. The SWAYAM PRABHA web portal is managed and maintained by the INFLIBNET Center.
Question: Write down the types of e-commerce in detail.
Ans: E-commerce can be divided into four main types:
• Business to Business (B2B): In this type of e-commerce, different companies do their business with each other. This type of ecommerce involves only manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers.
• Business to Consumer (B2C): It includes companies and consumers. Through this mofrl og r-commerce, companies provide their products and services directly to their consumers.
Examples: Amazon, Flipkart, eBay etc.
• Consumer to Consumer (C2C): In this type of e-commerce, Consumers are in direct contact with each other and no company is involved. In this model, people can sell and buy their
personal belongings to each other. It is usually used by people to sell their surplus or secondhand goods. For example: OLX, Quikr etc.
• Consumer to Business (C2B): In this type of e-commerce, consumer provides his goods or services to the company. Example: An individual develops his own software and sells it to a
Question: Give brief note on various digital or online payment modes.
Ans: There are many ways to pay online. Here is a description of some of the major online payment methods:
1. Credit Cards: This is a plastic card issued by banks to their customers. When the customer makes a purchase using this card, the concerned bank pays for that purchase. The customer has to repay the payment made by the bank within the stipulated time.
2. Debit Cards: Like a credit card, it is a plastic card. When a customer pays by debit card, the payment amount is immediately deducted from the amount deposited in the customer’s account.
3. E-Wallets: This method of payment uses digital payment apps. These apps store the customer’s credit, debit card or bank account information so that payments can be made easily. Paytm, JioMoney, Google Pay etc. are some of the major e-wallet apps.
4. Net Banking: Net-banking is also called internet-banking. Using Net Banking, we can easily perform various banking related activities at any time from home. It also allows us to make different types of online payments.
5. BHIM App (Bharat Interface for Money): BHIM is a mobile app. It’s an easy and fast way of payment. Payment is made by using the UPI ID of the person concerned or by scanning the QR Code.
Question: What is National Academic Depository? How it differs from Digi Locker?
Ans: The National Academic Depository is also known as NAD. In it we can store all our educational qualification documents online in a safe place. We may also download and use the documents stored on NAD. Its main advantage is that we can get the validity and verification of our documents online only from the concerned board or university. This means that whenever we download these documents, we will receive those documents digitally signed. In this way, we don’t have to carry our original documents.
DIGILOCKER is also a secure way to store all our important documents online. We need to register online to store documents on Digilocker. Our account is linked to Aadhaar card during registration. This account provides 1GB of cloud storage to the person concerned. In Digilocker we can store other documents besides educational documents like Aadhaar card, driving license etc. but in NAD we can store only and only educational documents.
Question: Write down the advantages and disadvantages of e-commerce.
Ans: The advantages and disadvantages of e-commerce are described as follows:
Benefits of e-commerce:
1. E-commerce companies can provide their goods or services anywhere in the world.
2. E-commerce saves a lot of money as we can buy directly from the manufacturing company, which eliminates many taxes and additional costs. This is how we get the product at a lower price.
3. Purchased goods are delivered to the consumer in the shortest possible time by the companies directly to the address given by the consumer.
4. Shopping can be done at any time through e-commerce. Business never stops here.
5. From the long list of items on e-commerce websites, we can select any item to purchase very easily.
Disadvantages of e-commerce:
1. Items purchased through e-commerce are not immediately received by the customer, as it takes a few days for the e-commerce company to deliver the goods to the customer’s given address.
2. The quality of the item purchased through e-commerce is known to the customer when he receives the item.
3. E-commerce websites store important customer details and information. If this information is obtained by an unauthorized person, the customer may suffer heavy financial or personal loss.