Please see Minerals and Energy Resources Class 10 Social Science Revision Notes provided below. These revision notes have been prepared as per the latest syllabus and books for Class 10 Social Science issues by CBSE, NCERT, and KVS. Students should revise these notes for Chapter 5 Minerals and Energy Resources daily and also prior to examinations for understanding all topics and to get better marks in exams. We have provided Class 10 Social Science Notes for all chapters on our website.
Chapter 5 Minerals and Energy Resources Class 10 Social Science Revision Notes
Points to Remember
• Mineral- Naturally occurring homogeneous substance with a definable internal structure.
• Ores- Naturally occurring substances from which minerals can be extracted profitably.
Classification of Minerals:
Sources of Minerals:-
• Mining- The extraction of useful and commerically viable minerals by digging down the earth is called mining.
• Mining is a hazards industry as the resources are dug out from the interior of the earth by making tunnels or pit. During this process risk to the life of the workers are very high due to leakage of poisonous gas or fires or flooding of water into the mine or even collapsing of mine roofs. Along with that workers have also to face health issues.
Non-Conventional Sources of Energy
Need for the conservation of resources/Minerals
• High rate of consumption
• Limited reserves
• Low rate of replenishment
• Ill effects on Environment
Methods to conserve Resources/ Minerals