Assignments for Class 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles have been developed for Standard 9 students based on the latest syllabus and textbooks applicable in CBSE, NCERT and KVS schools. Parents and students can download the full collection of class assignments for class 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles from our website as we have provided all topic wise assignments free in PDF format which can be downloaded easily. Students are recommended to do these assignments daily by taking printouts and going through the questions and answers for Grade 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles. You should try to do these test assignments on a daily basis so that you are able to understand the concepts and details of each chapter in your Mathematics Lines and Angles book and get good marks in class 9 exams.
Key Concepts for Class 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles
(1) Point – We often represent a point by a fine dot made with a fine sharpened pencil on a piece of paper.
(2) Line – A line is completely known if we are given any two distinct points. Line A̅B̅ is represented by as . A line or a straight line extends indefinitely in both the directions.
(3) Line segment – A part (or portion) of a line with two end points is called a line segment.
(4) Ray – A part of line with one end point is called a ray.
(5) Collinear points – If three or more points lie on the same line, they are called collinear points otherwise they are called non-collinear points.
Types of Angles –
(1) Acute angle – An acute angle measure between 00 and 900.
(2) Right angle – A right angle is exactly equal to 900.
(3) Obtuse angle – An angle greater than 900 but less than 1800.
(4) Straight angle – A straight angle is equal to 1800.
(5) Reflex angle – An angle which is greater than 1800 but less than 3600 is called a reflex angle.
(6) Complementary angles – Two angles whose sum is 900 are called complementary angles.
(7) Supplementary angle – Two angles whose sum is 1800 are called supplementary angles.
(8) Adjacent angles – Two angles are adjacent, if they have a common vertex, a common arm and their non common arms are on different sides of common arm.
(9) Linear pair – Two angles form a linear pair, if their non-common arms form a line.
(10) Vertically opposite angles – Vertically opposite angles are formed when two lines intersect each other at a point.
(a) Corresponding angles
(b) Alternate interior angles
(c) Alternate exterior angles
(d) Interior angles on the same side of the transversal.
* If a transversal intersects two parallel lines, then
(i) each pair of corresponding angles is equal.
(ii) each pair of alternate interior angles is equal.
(iii) each pair of interior angle on the same side of the transversal is supplementary.
* If a transversal interacts two lines such that, either
(i) any one pair of corresponding angles is equal, or
(ii) any one pair of alternate interior angles is equal or
(iii) any one pair of interior angles on the same side of the transversal is supplementary then the lines are parallel.
* Lines which are parallel to a given line are parallel to each other.
* The sum of the three angles of a triangle is 1800.
* If a side of a triangle is produced, the exterior angle so formed is equal to the sum of the two interior opposite angles.
Class 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles Assignments
Class 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles Important Questions and Answers
Question. In the given figure, x = 300 The value of y is
Question. The compliment of an angle ‘m’ is:
(d) m X 900
Question. An exterior angle of a triangle is 750 and its two interior opposite angles are equal. Each of these equal angles is
Question. Angle of a triangle are in the ratio 2 : 4 : 3. The smallest angle of the triangle is
Question. In the given figure ∠a and ∠b
form a linear pair if a – b = 1000
then a and b are
(a) 1200, 200
(b) 400, 1400
(c) 500, 1500
(d) 1400, 400
Question. Sum of two angles of a triangle is 900 and their difference is 500. Find all the angles of the triangle.
200, 700, 900
Question. In the given fig. sides QP and RQ of ΔPQR are produced to point S and T respectively. If ∠ PQT = 1100 and ∠ SPR = 1350 find ∠ PRQ
Question. If one angle of a triangle is equal to the sum of the other two equal angles, then the triangle is
(a) an isosceles triangle
(b) an obtuse triangle
(c) an equilateral triangle
(d) a right triangle
Question. In the given figure AB and CD intersect each other at O. If ∠AOE = 750 find the value of x, y and z.
840, 210, 480
Question. The angles of a triangle are in the ratio 2: 3: 5 find the angles of the triangle.
360, 540, 900
Question. In the adjoining figure, AB || DE find the value of .x
Question. In the given figure, AD and CE are the angle bisectors of ∠A and ∠c respectively if ∠ABC = 900 then find ∠AOC
Question. In the fig. l1 || l2 and m1 || m2 if ∠1 = 1150 find ∠2
Question. In the given figure DE || QR and AP and BP are bisectors of ∠EAB and ∠RBA respectively find ∠APB
Question. Find x and y in the following figure.
Question. In figure find x.
Question. The angles of a triangle are (x – 400), (x – 200) and (1/2, x – 10)0 find the value of x.
Assignments for Class 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles as per CBSE NCERT pattern
All students studying in Grade 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles should download the assignments provided here and use them for their daily routine practice. This will help them to get better grades in Mathematics Lines and Angles exam for standard 9. We have made sure that all topics given in your textbook for Mathematics Lines and Angles which is suggested in Class 9 have been covered ad we have made assignments and test papers for all topics which your teacher has been teaching in your class. All chapter wise assignments have been made by our teachers after full research of each important topic in the textbooks so that you have enough questions and their solutions to help them practice so that they are able to get full practice and understanding of all important topics. Our teachers at https://www.assignmentsbag.com have made sure that all test papers have been designed as per CBSE, NCERT and KVS syllabus and examination pattern. These question banks have been recommended in various schools and have supported many students to practice and further enhance their scores in school and have also assisted them to appear in other school level tests and examinations. Its easy to take print of thee assignments as all are available in PDF format.
Some advantages of Free Assignments for Class 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles
- Solving Assignments for Mathematics Lines and Angles Class 9 helps to further enhance understanding of the topics given in your text book which will help you to get better marks
- By solving one assignment given in your class by Mathematics Lines and Angles teacher for class 9 will help you to keep in touch with the topic thus reducing dependence on last minute studies
- You will be able to understand the type of questions which are expected in your Mathematics Lines and Angles class test
- You will be able to revise all topics given in the ebook for Class 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles as all questions have been provided in the question banks
- NCERT Class 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles Workbooks will surely help you to make your concepts stronger and better than anyone else in your class.
- Parents will be able to take print out of the assignments and give to their child easily.
All free Printable practice assignments are in PDF single lick download format and have been prepared by Class 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles teachers after full study of all topics which have been given in each chapter so that the students are able to take complete benefit from the worksheets. The Chapter wise question bank and revision assignments can be accessed free and anywhere. Go ahead and click on the links above to download free CBSE Assignment on lines and angles Class 9.
Free PDF download of Lines and Angles Class 9 Assignment PDF with solutions created by master educators from the latest syllabus of CBSE Boards. By practicing these Assignment on Lines and Angles Class 9 will help you to score more marks in your CBSE Board Examinations. We also give free NCERT Solutions and other study materials for students to make their preparation better.
Students who are searching for better solutions can download the Lines and Angles Class 9 Assignment PDF with solutions to assist you with revising the whole syllabus and score higher marks in your exam.
This Lines and Angles Class 9 Assignment PDF with solutions shows up with an answer key with step-by-step answers for students to comprehend the problem at each level and not retain it.
You can download free assignments for class 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles from https://www.assignmentsbag.com
You can get free PDF downloadable assignments for Grade 9 Mathematics Lines and Angles from our website which has been developed by teachers after doing extensive research in each topic.
On our website we have provided assignments for all subjects in Grade 9, all topic wise test sheets have been provided in a logical manner so that you can scroll through the topics and download the worksheet that you want.
You can easily get question banks, topic wise notes and questions and other useful study material from https://www.assignmentsbag.com without any charge
Yes all test papers for Mathematics Lines and Angles Class 9 are available for free, no charge has been put so that the students can benefit from it. And offcourse all is available for download in PDF format and with a single click you can download all assignments.
https://www.assignmentsbag.com is the best portal to download all assignments for all classes without any charges.